10 Fun Facts about Fenrir, Survivor of the Month
1. Might ask you to unbind him. But don’t do it, especially if you’re a Viking. Even if he promises to give you this. Fenrir is the demigod wolf spirit bound in dwarven chains made of gleipnir. Although around here you can never be sure of the status of these chains…
2. Is a friend of the dragons. Blue dragons in particular.
3. Hates frost wraiths.
4.Subsists mostly on a diet of beef, pig and peanut butter, in part because humans taste like armpit and in part because he doesn’t want to eat the sun. (Or so he claims.)
5. Has a distinctive mark (above) – 3 claw marks, the middle one longer, right paw only SEE CORRECTION HERE. This mark has been spotted around Survival HQ. If he gives you this mark, it can increase your strength and power temporarily, at least until it heals.
6. Gets a little surly sometimes on the end of his chain, but in part this is because he misses Brigantia and maybe in part because he recently survived an encounter with the so-called Slender Man.
7. Has coached several werewolves through difficult transformations. While SOS can not endorse all of his advice, there’s no denying the evidence that the werewolves he assisted did indeed survive.
8. Being chained spends some of his time penning pithy poetic warnings that are strangely inspiration, like the following:
I have little to fear for death is small
So many worse things I’ve felt through it all.
But I cannot die My time is not done
and if you attack me you’ll wish you had run
9. Why is he banned in Russia? Something to do with the Mongols here.
10. Knows a lot about the Nemantion spirits. As him about how to avoid them or what to do when you raise one, he can tell it all.
Fenrir helps many werewolves through their first moon and submitted several excellent warnings to the site, including a series of recordings which helped save an untold number of survivors in the woods on the full moon.
But as Fenrir himself says, he is already cursed once. Can he really carry a second curse for the next 28 days, long enough to pass it on to another survivor? Will he elect another survivor to help him? Or will all the future Survivors of the Month be lost to history?
Keep on keeping on to find out.