It’s now here! The Monstrometer version 2.0 update! I said it was going to be big-ish and it is-ish. So biggish in fact that it needed a whole new number!
New in Monstrometer version 2.0:
- Added “Interrogate Self” and “Interrogate Other” option. Now the program knows if you are scanning yourself or someone else… well as long as you don’t lie to it.
- Stats tracking!!! All your scans are saved and you can view the list of the statistics from your self scans and other scans in either list mode or as a pie chart. This will help you keep track of what other creatures you are encountering and also your own evolving situation and potential hybridization.
- New Monsters gallery helps you keep track of what monsters you have scanned with the Monstrometer and provides direct links to the individual monster pages on the website. Unlock new monsters by scanning them.
- Facebook Integration updated so that now your Facebook post will reflect if you were scanning yourself or someone else.
- You can now choose the depth of interrogation. From 10 questions all the way up to 25 questions. More questions gives a more accurate result and obviously takes longer as well. 10 Questions is fast but sacrifices some accuracy for that speed.
- Vastly improved interrogation logic for much more accurate results.
- 17 New interrogation questions added for improved accuracy.
There are no new monsters added this time but we think you will find that these changes really make the Monstrometer a lot better.
The Monstrometer 2.0 is now in the app store: http://itunes.com/apps/monstrometer. If you already have an earlier version you can update it for free just by visiting the App Store icon on you iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad or through iTunes on your computer. If you don’t have it yet you can still get it for free by just visiting the App Store.
System Requirements: The app still works with iOS 3.1 but has been tested all the way up to 4.1. It works great on iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
Special thanks to Jmich and P5t5r and many of the other users on the site and reviewers on the iTunes Store. We have taken your feedback and suggestions and made the Monstrometer even better. Also thanks to the -admittedly small – Beta test group! You know who you are! (and I know what you are!)
This is just a step in the long promised big set of updates to the Monstrometer and the website. We hope it keeps you keeping on! We think it was worth the wait but we are still sorry that it was such a long one. Graham and I are already busy planning for the next update but I can’t promise that it will be quite this big. Also still on the lookout for any of those deal-making demons who can help me make my next episodes… so if you know one or you ARE one… well, Graham has baby powder!
Thanks for keeping on with me!