Some Fast Facts About Velanko…
1. He describes himself mysteriously as, “An ordinary run of the mill mythic…with all the right gear.” Sound like Batman to you? Well he’s not. He’s even better. I mean Batman’s main superpower is mostly being superrich. (Little known fact: in the early days of Batman he literally fought with money: money guns, money shields, money bombs etc.) Valenko on the other hand, in his current condition, well you can read about him here.
2. He can fix your biomech. Something I’ve been meaning to ask him about ever since Robowolf ssent me that home exoskeleton kit.
3. He once very nobly volunteered to be the Mayor of Mythics. Also the Mythic Ambassador, which seemed like a lot of fun and ceremonial suppers. Hey anything for the sake of a plan right…
Seriously. Valenko can usually be counted on to help out with your plan or his plan or her plan. It’s one of the qualities I admire most about Velanko here on the site. Planning is hard. Coming up with one is hard and executing one with other supernatural beings – even harder. Execute often being the operative word here… but hey! It’s better than the alternative. Hail to all who do it here at SOS, including Velanko.
4. Velanko really, really, really hates wraiths. Really? Really. Especially wraiths in suitcases. Something to be aware of at airports. Valenko, why do wraiths like suitcases anyway?
5. Enlisted the help of many on the site to help him turn his friend – a genetic werewolf – ie: trigger his first transformation to help in a full moon fight against a team of hunters brought on by the Sentinel Cycle. So did he use silver as Chaoswolf suggested? Or Mutt’s suggestion of a fear trap? I’m still searching the archives to find out. Oh there it is. Clearly it worked but unclear how.6.. Is a master of propaganda and the public-stunt-coverup plan but seems to have a problem with aliens. For some reason he thinks mentioning aliens in a plan strains credibility. Huh.
6. Has met a lot of inarticulate reapers whose total vocabularies consisted of two words: “Burn,” or “Die,” which explains why he made an
fast ally frenemy? of The Reaper. (Note: don’t say they teamed up. The Reaper hates that.)
7. Don’t ask him to volunteer for Area 51 research in search of Rusty. Why? He might actually do it. Although he might also get bored, trash the lab and take all the funding to Vegas, which might not be so bad except he could end up captured by Cirque du Soleil, swinging on a trapeze. Actually he might like that too. Point is, he just likes it when a plan comes together.
8. Coached Knox the Hovering through a trust crisis when it seemed his pack was turning on him last summer. Okay yeah, maybe Knox did disappear never to be heard from again shortly thereafter but I for one found his words inspiring and appreciated his efforts on behalf of a fellow survivor.
9. Sometimes spends his holidays in the Crypts of Nocturne. Mainly after violating his mythic contract with a council of 14 apocalyptic deities, leaking confidential mythic files and being locked there against his will. Wonder what it’s like there? Let’s see if he reports about that…
10. Was a big protector of Mary on the site, for which I for one was very grateful. Although wait! What happened to Mary anyway? Aaargh. The curse!
Thanks to you Velanko. Long may you keep on keeping on.
by Seth Greening - Visit SethOnSurvival.com