Wow, that was close. After a howling super moon rocked by storms and alien craters, SOS appears to have survived again. No joke, it’s always a surprise for us to watch another moon fall and find we’re still around. So thanks to last month’s SoTM LEAFPOOL and everyone else who survived with us this Supermoon. You know who you are but if you don’t know who they are click here and read all about it.
In fact, after a full moon enclave held here at SOS HQ, I’m happy to be hinty today there will indeed be lots of new stuff coming between now and Halloween, new videos, at least one new Hall of Famer and more.
And now on to the new Survivor of the Month announcement…
A quick review for those who are new. Survivor of the Month started years ago to thank some Survivors who were supernaturally helpful here at SOS. Survivors of the Month answer questions, reply to survivor comments, contribute their own reports and generally encourage others to keep on keeping on in various unique ways. There’s a very small prize. Usually a very small thank you gift from iTunes combined with a feature profile page that I write and generally get approximately 53.2% accurate. We used to choose SoTM a number of different ways – just give it to Survivor #1: Alex for instance, but then we created a Hall of Fame and things got a little looser. Speaking of which did I mention Graham and I have officially selected at least one new Hall of Famer to announce next month? I did? ‘Nuff said. On to the SoTM then:
Guess the Survivor of the Month
1. He once survived a Wendigo attack using this trick –>> never look into their eyes.
2. If this SoTM could fly over your head on a sunny blue-sky day, you might feel a ripple of air or see a shadowy outline but he would remain almost invisible. Fortunately, he prefers to travel by water.
3. Although once bitten by a werewolf who was also his best friend, this SoTM never turned.
4. But in the wake of this incident, this SoTM would develop a lasting affinity for the lupine kind, defending them against all.
5. Like many of his draconian kind, this SoTM makes his home on an island.
6. He provided excellent intel on dealing with Black Ice Dragons. And as soon as I can determine the best material for muzzling one as per his technique, I’ll pack Graham’s bags for Russia to test it.
7. He is very knowledgeable and you might even say philosophical and poetical on a number of important topics. I can always count on this SoTM to add to or clarify a supernatural situation in progress, maybe especially his own.
8. On that note, this SoTM actually replies to questions and comments, mine and others. It’s a rare quality that I appreciate a great deal. Not quite as rare as survivors who actually leave questions and replies for specified others, which he also does quite often, but a very close second.
9. Gamely volunteered to help Agent TL map the multiverse, no small task. If you thought Google cars were fun, wait until you see what they will use…
10. Has a healthy respect for sea monsters but still prefers to travel with them than by air.
…as if you haven’t guessed it already, the Survivor of the Third Supermoon is in fact ASSANJIN, whose profile will be posted hopefully later today as soon as I receive direction from him in regards to his small thank-you prize. Unfortunately, his island lair is too well protected to receive an iTunes card so Assanjin must choose from:
1. An SOS t-shirt.
2. A small donation in his honour to the charity of his choice.
3. Passing the prize along to another Survivor on the site, as both Mr. Mutt and Devorah have done in the past.
Appropriately enough, SoTM of the Third Moon ASSANJIN has chosen to join the ranks of the generous three and will passing his prize onto another survivor on the site.
Who will it be?
You will have to read his profile page to find out. Coming soon. Ish…
Thanks to everyone who contributed to Survival this month. Long may you keep on keeping on out there. Your survival is my survival.
Sethby Seth Greening - Visit SethOnSurvival.com