Well it’s official. Thanks to Velanko, who carried the Survivor of the Month curse without dropping it, in the tradition of survivors before including: the hardy Hatter and the forthright Fenrir, and the rebellious Reaper, the Survivor of the Month prize-curse continues – for at least one more month.
I have to admit, I thought for sure the curse would fall this month and end the ritual once and for all. But the time travel always tells the truth. So a big thanks to you Velanko for surviving with SOS another month. Long may you keep on keeping on. Watch below for clues to the new SOTM:
Guess the V-Day Moon SOTM
(Survivor of the Month)
This Survivor of the Month…
1. Is complicated. Very very complicated. And intense. Definitely intense.
2. Even before arriving on the site, way back in March, sent a gift to another survivor. Lycan the Protector received an enchanted mirror one night after the hunt, signed by the SOTM.
3. Stirred up a lot of debate with this gift. Was the SOTM good? Or evil? One claimed the SOTM had been their mate. One claimed her friend. And this was all before the SOTM ever graced us with a single word.
4. Ended the debate when the SOTM finally did speak, offering to help defeat the Dark. In the SOTM’s own words, “my past is rife with blood and debauchery, but billions of years have given me time both to think and to love mankind.”
5. Favorite color is green.
6. Was instrumental helping Fenrir locate the Lord of the Hunt and I for one am very thankful.
7. Has been nursing a broken heart for a very long time. Like, years. Billions of them. That’s why I thought they were spending the V-Day Moon hunting cupids or something, because they weren’t technically around and so were not eligible. But then I could see they were actually here but not speaking.( And maybe hunting cupids too. Hard to say.)
8. However not everyone claims to be a huge fan. Ice followed her here just to challenge her to a death duel. And he hadn’t challenged anyone lately. Likewise The Reaper claims to be a non-fan. But you have to take that with a grain of salt, it’s all about the body count.
9. Does not like to be referred to as a demon or a daemon. OR the mother of all demons. Prefers the moniker, “Pre-Fall Human.”
10. Is involved in an effort to help conquer the world through music with anumber of other survivors on the site, including A.P. and The Reaper, to which effort she will lend her mathematically pure voice and a some glowsticks. Along with a round of Baconators for all.
וּפָגְשׁוּ צִיִּים אֶת-אִיִּים, וְשָׂעִיר עַל-רֵעֵהוּ יִקְרָא; אַךְ-שָׁם הִרְגִּיעָה לִּילִית, וּמָצְאָה לָהּ מָנוֹ
As if you haven’t guessed already, the unlucky-lucky SOTM this month is in fact LILITH, whose awesome intensity and friendly-ish dark side helped many survivors, including me, over the darkest months of the year. Thanks to you Lilith. A small iTunes gift card has been sent to the email you use to log into the site. Watch for your profile under the Survivor of the Month banner below Velanko’s – hopefully I get it up there a lot sooner than I did his – and good luck with the curse.
Thanks to everyone who contributed this month and survived the V-Day Moon with me.
Please keep on with the keeping on keeping on!