Dog MUTT Moon Hall of Fame Announcement
While the dust still settles on the Dog Moon, and the Ghost Moon fades for another year, SOS will induct another survivor into the Hall of Fame, in keeping with my pledge to catch up with Hall of Famers over the summer – at least until a cure for the dread Survivor of the Month curse can be found.
Thanks to everyone contributing to Survival research this moon. Long may you keep on keeping on! Without you, there would be no SOS.
Do you know this survivor?
1. Has this moon in his name. Well sort of. At least in part of it.
2. Yet he is not all werewolf, strictly speaking. He is somewhat more of a mix than most, and his name means that too.
3. Once believed himself to be the last of his kind
4. Owing to this, he sometimes rhymed.
5. Many thought he would never speak again
6. But a trip to the underworld gave him the yen.
7. And something else. Please keep on while we fill you in…
8. It took an angel and a pastry chef and a demon, just to bring him back.
9. After a nasty Silverbloods attack.
10. But what exactly was in that evil eclair? ‘Cuz we’re still trying to determine his new plan here…
If you, like Stigma, guessed everyone’s favourite Heinz 57 werewolf hybrid, Mr. Mutt? Congratulations, you were right! Looking back over the years, I see whenever SOS got weird – er, weirder – Mr. Mutt has been there to warn me. When I see an email from Mr. Mutt on my phone I know something’s going down and I better get to the site as soon as possible.
Confession time here. I actually thought we had already inducted Mr. Mutt into the Hall of Fame, but then Graham reminded me why we scrapped that plan. It was based on Mr. Mutt’s last comment way back here in February, when we thought he didn’t survive. And unfortunately by definition, one must be actively surviving to be inducted into the Survival Hall of Fame. Otherwise it’s kind of like, false advertising.
So I’m glad you’re back Mr. Mutt. Even if you are possessed by a demonic pastry chef or whoever your demon turns out to be, it’s great to know you’re still keeping on out there in the world, surviving and still lending a paw from time to time. I’m glad we can finally add you to the Survival Hall of Fame.
Thanks to everyone still surviving with SOS this month.