A Billion Years of Lilith
Is it ironic or appropriate the Survivor of the Month on this very scary Valentine’s Day moon would be Lilith? That’s the question.
I don’t know the answer. Mainly because I failed the irony test in junior high when my firetruck caught fire on the way to school causing me, sadly, to miss it. But more importantly, Valentine’s Day would be complicated time for Lilith. Why? Well read about it in here in Lilith’s own words and judge for yourself. You would almost expect her to spent the day hunting down Cupids – and her ex-husband. Not exactly what you expect for this day.
However, it had to be Lilith this moon. True, she’s not always the friendliest survivor you’ll meet here on SOS. But she is often very helpful and always very intense.
Here are few facts about Lilith’s life over the last billion years that you should know when you meet her:
1. Do not refer to her as a demon. Nor even Queen of Demons like The Reaper once did. Witch, goddess of demi-goddess – likewise out of the question. Although Lilith is immortal, she prefers the moniker “Pre-Fall Human.” Don’t know what that means? Read about it in her own words here. I guess being the first human would be pretty cool.
2. Even before arriving on the site, way back last March, Lilith sent a mysterious gift to another survivor. Lycan the Protector received an enchanted mirror one night after the hunt, signed by her. What did the mirror do? Read about it here.
The gift stirred up a lot of debate. Was it good? Or evil? Was Lilith good or evil? There were a lot of rumours. Survivors did not agree but they discussed the matter at great length. And this was all before the Lilith ever graced SOS with a single word.
3. All that debate finally compelled Lilith herself to stop by and speak for herself, explaining,”my past is rife with blood and debauchery, but billions of years have given me time both to think and to love mankind.” See, she’s trying to make good on a few past mistakes. I wouldn’t advise you to read her full account to The Reaper here. It might freak you out and really, she’s not that scary. At least not all the time.
And you can clearly see that Reaper still questions her sincerity here but I say, give her the benefit of the doubt. She might surprise you with a hot Baconator.
4. Billions of years to think has also made Lilith a billionaire. And apparently she likes a good party so hang around and see. She might invite you to an epic one. But before you accept, you might want to ask her for a few immortality tips by replying to her comment here**
**Please be advised SOS can neither endorse or guarantee the claims of any immortals on the site. Party with one at your own risk.
5. Lilith’s favourite color is green. Something to keep in mind if you’re giving her a gift.
6. Lilith is very in tune with her dark side, let’s say. As a result, she’s not afraid to take on a dark quest. Like a quest against the Dark itself, for instance when she helped Fenrir fight off the Dark Year. A struggle you can read about, in part, here.
(I for one am very grateful, although it means I won’t need to use my awesome new Power Pot to run my computers.)
7. Has been nursing a broken heart for a very long time. Like, years. Billions of them. That’s why I thought they were spending the V-Day Moon hunting cupids or something, because they weren’t technically around and so were not eligible. But then I could see they were actually here but not speaking.( And maybe hunting cupids too. Hard to say.)
8. However not everyone claims to be a huge fan. Ice stepped out just to challenge her to a death duel. And he hasn’t challenged anyone in ages. You can see part of their ongoing battle here.
Likewise The Reaper remains a non-fan frenemy. But you probably have to take that with a grain of salt, it’s all about the body count.)
9. Lilith does not like faeries. Not at all. Titania in particular which you can read some of their battle here. I wonder if the faerie queen will ever get over it? Just something to be aware of if you are yourself a faerie or if you happen to know one personally.
10. But Lilith isn’t all darkness and intensity. She’s also recently become involved in an effort to help conquer the world through music with a number of other survivors on the site, including A.P. and The Reaper, to which effort she will lend her mathematically pure voice and a some glowsticks. And a round of Baconators for all.
וּפָגְשׁוּ צִיִּים אֶת-אִיִּים, וְשָׂעִיר עַל-רֵעֵהוּ יִקְרָא; אַךְ-שָׁם הִרְגִּיעָה לִּילִית, וּמָצְאָה לָהּ מָנוֹ
So congratulations to LILITH on being selected Survivor of the Month for this, the V-Day Moon 2014. If anyone knows how to carry a curse, it has to be Lilith. Having carried one for a billion years already possibly she can handle just one more for 28 days. Thanks to you Lilith for stirring up some Survival here at SOS over the dark months.
Long may you keep on keeping on.
Sethby Seth Greening - Visit SethOnSurvival.com