As the Frost Moon waxes away, I’m happy to say the SoTM curse has been carried without incident for another month and can be passed on.
Carrying the Survivor of the Month curse is a heavy burden, just ask anyone. The forces of darkness, chaos and ennuie lurk everywhere in the heart of survivors. Alone it can be too much to bear. Even for the 5th most famous Supernatural Survivologist on the Interwebs.
(What’s that Graham? Actually we’re down to 6th? Whatever. I’m still first most truthful.)
The point here is, that I rely on these Survivors of the Month to help me keep on keeping on, and even offer a small – albeit somewhat cursed – prize to say thanks for going above and beyond your own survival, to help others live to tell their tales too. This month we basically narrowed it down to 2 survivors and then drew to get the Survivor of the Month.
So without further ado, here come the clues. Thanks to everyone who contributed to survival this month. You keep me keeping on. If this survivor can just carry the curse for another month, in approximately 27 days there will be another.
Guess the Survivor of the Month:
1. Might ask you to unbind him. But don’t do it, especially if you’re a Viking. Even if he promises to give you this. Is he really talking about passing on the curse, as Devorah and The Doctor did before him?
2. Is a friend of the dragons.
3. Hates frost wraiths.
4.Subsists mostly on a diet of beef, pig and peanut butter, in part because humans taste like armpit and in part because he doesn’t want to eat the sun. (Or so he claims.)
5. Has a distinctive mark (above) – 3 claw marks, the middle one longer, right paw only SEE CORRECTION HERE. This mark has been spotted around Survival HQ. If he gives you this mark, it can increase your strength and power temporarily, at least until it heals.
6. Gets a little surly sometimes on the end of his chain, but in part this is because he misses Brigantia and maybe in part because he recently survived an encounter with the so-called Slender Man.
7. Has coached several werewolves through difficult transformations. While SOS can not endorse all of his advice, there’s no denying the evidence that the werewolves that he assisted did indeed survive.
8. Being chained spends some of his time penning pithy poetic warnings that are strangely inspiration, like the following:
I have little to fear for death is small
So many worse things I’ve felt through it all.
But I cannot die My time is not done
and if you attack me you’ll wish you had run
9. Why is he banned in Russia? Something to do with the Mongols here.
10. Knows a lot about the Nemantion spirits.
If you haven’t guessed it already, the SoTM this month is Fenrir the demigod wolf spirit in dwarven chains. Fenrir helped many werewolves through their first moon and submitted several excellent warnings to the site, including a series of recordings which helped save an untold number of survivors in the woods on the full moon.
But as Fenrir himself says, he is already cursed once. Will he be able to carry a second curse for the next 28 days, long enough to pass it on to another survivor? Or will he elect another survivor to help him? Stay tuned.